Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ruth (Ferguson) Tillman


9-23-07 What a fun thing to have up! I can’t believe we are doing things like celebrating our 40th birthdays, can you?
I left Berrien Springs 7 years ago. Terry and I have our one and only daughter. She is our pride and joy! It seems I have had many jobs over the years. Cosmetology is my first love, after that I got my degree in Graphic Arts from AU. I worked as a CSR for Lithotech at AU for several years.

Raising our daughter has had to be the biggest challenge I have ever undertaken and also the most rewarding.

Since moving to Knoxville Tennessee I have had numerous little jobs so that I could stay at home with Kaitlyn. I home schooled her until 3rd grade. She is now in the 6th grade. Kaitlyn is our artist. She loves drawing, painting and especially beading, and no she is not a big fan of school. She loves to sing, play the piano, and ride horses. Currently I am working as the teacher’s assistant in our school’s K-2 room. This is my second year doing this and I love it! This year I will get to brush up on my Graphic Arts degree by helping with the school’s yearbook. (I didn’t realize that when you volunteered to help out, that meant you would be doing the whole thing ☺)

My husband, Terry, is a Senior Field Technician for Shaw Environmental, Inc. They install and service environmental monitoring equipment for various industries. He also works on weather monitoring towers. Here he is at work. Can you see him at the top waving?

One of the most exciting things I have done would be visiting Russia a couple of years ago. This was my first time traveling over seas and it was the trip of a lifetime. My cousin set up a dental clinic at Zaoksky Adventist University about 14 years ago. He goes over twice a year to do dental work for the students and he asked me to come help him. We spent about 2 ½ -3 weeks in Russia working in the clinic and then took some touring time.

In Russia we went to St. Petersburg and Moscow. From there we went on to England staying at Newbold with a friend while visiting the surrounding area of London and Bath. It was so amazing! Other than one minor little time when we got mugged in St. Petersburg, the trip was perfect! Take my word for it; you do not want to see the inside of a Russian
(Me in Russia) police station. It’s pretty scary! I loved the people, the country, the food, and the music, just everything. So as you can tell that has been a highlight for me for good while. I was absolutely amazed at so much and I can’t wait until I can go again. One of my favorite past-times is photography. I love taking pictures!

And there are many beautiful pictures to be taken here in Tennessee. We love being so close to the Smokey Mountains. Camping, jet skiing, boating and swimming as well as enjoying mini-biking or motorcycling are some of our favorites. I am hoping to get to our 25th and see you all. I can’t believe it has been 25 years! And Ernie, how can you think of another 25 years? I’m still trying to figure out where the last 25 went?

For more, check out Ruth's blog at: http://tillmanfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Ruth,
It is so nice to hear from you. You haven't changed, if I would have seen the pictures of you without any text I would have known immediately that it was you. Notice that I only included head shots of myself. I have added about 40 to 50 lbs since graduation, but I am extremely happy. Oh, the way we were......
I was very impressed that you homeschooled your daughter. What a commitment. It was challenging enought to motivate my boys to do their homework. Erik and I decided to leave the really important stuff to trained professionals. Homeschooling moms are amazing and selfless.

Your daughter is beautiful. I hope that you are able to bring the whole family in October. I have no heard from Beth in many years. I hope she will be coming. My best academy memories involve you and Beth.

I will add another box of color to my hair and the red heads will re-unite.

Love, Susan

Unknown said...

Ruth,

Our email address is oosterwal@gmail.com. Please let me know yours. When you firm up your plans let me know what is happening. Our home is somewhat like a frat house, but I have family with extra space. If lodging is needed, we can always work something out. I am really looking forward to seeing you.

Well, I am off to walk my 4-5 miles. After my hysterectomy I have a real struggle taking any weight off. If stress if the trick, I think I will learn to live with my size 12 (sometimes 14).

Keep in touch,

Susan