Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Joel Ingram

Hi all,

Since this is a 25th high school (Academy) reunion blog, I decided to post “Year Book” style. While I won’t be attending this October I must say it’s been fun to read the lead-up emails/blogs and mentally review not only the last 25 years but the four years before that. Kevin, Mike and Ernie--I know you’ve put a great deal of effort into this reunion. Nice work. Regrettably, I’m a no show. Give me a white card and tell Dr.Orrison... And now …(Picture @ Right: Me Now, 2007)

Name: Joel Thomas Ingram
Aged: Undeniably
Married: Unbelievably
Saved: Unequivocally
Spouse: Victoria
Years in Tow: 10 in December
Children: Lucy (our Schnoodle)
Reason for not having “real” children: I was a kid once and figure there will be a resemblance. (Editor's note: Yes JT, Lucy (here taken in 2001) does look like you when you were younger....;-)

Post AA Studies: AU, BA Theology
AU Seminary MA Theology
CPE Residency Loma Linda, Florida Hospital

Jobs Retained Beyond 90 Day Probationary Period:
English Teacher @ various schools/companies in South Korea (6 years)
Christian Counseling Assistant Professor @ Sahmyook University, South Korea (4 years)
Chaplaincy with Hospice and Retirement Centers in California (5 years)
Years unaccounted for: Ummm, looks like 10 years… that’s odd…

Years in Therapy: none
Years that should have been spent in therapy: Ummm, looks like 25.
Hobbies: Piano (still some)
Watercolor Painting (much loved rarely done)
Writing (when time: latest at http://www.adventistreview.org/issue.php?issue=2007-1526&page=24)
Listening to Audio books (now playing: Albert Einstein by Walter Isaacson)
Listening to Music (current favorites: Fernando Ortega, Home; John Mayer, Continuum)
Photography (very amateur – not like Ernesto M)
Favorite TV Show: Frasier

Tell tale signs I went to AA: Still know all the words to “Precious Lord”
Still remember that “The Auditorium has a specially designed ceiling
making unnecessary the use of amplification devices.”
Best Vacation in past 25: Paris with Victoria in 1998
Fondly Recall: Mini-AA reunions/chat sessions with Terry Fillman, Ferdie Pulido and Ernie Medina in S. California
Short Term Goals: Reduce gravitation pull on bathroom scale by 10 lbs.
Revive Biblical Greek/Hebrew
Write/Compose More…(decompose less)
Complete Board Certification
Long Term Goals: Love my wife, Pet my dog
Become signatory member National Watercolor Society
Be an instrument of God’s amazing grace

Major life blunders since graduating: Yeah right. Wrong Blog.

Wish for Class of 83 Members: Know that “He who began a great work in you, will be faithful to complete it” (Philippians 1:6)
Sincerely, jti


Vita and I, Michigan 2002


Mini-AA Reunion, 2002
(Editor's note: Man, that was me (Ernie) 22 lbs ago! Bummer the 4 CA compadres can't be together at the reunion. I'm still working on Ferdman!)

Watercolor, Red-White and Precious, 2003
(Editor's note: Say, I saw a special effects feature on Photoshop where I can take my photo and turn it into this style of painting...hmmmm. j/k! Joel really did paint these 2 pictures!)

Watercolor, Twice Daily, 2003

1 comment:

ruthtillman said...

Joel,
It is so good to see your picture up there! I too love Fernando Ortega. In fact I think he is our whole family's favorite right now and do you know he is going to be at Andrews October 20th???? I love this blog. IT was such a great idea.
Ruth (Ferguson)Tillman